Remove Duplicate Files On Your Android
Countless duplicate selfies and videos on Android? Remove them with Duplicate Files.
How to find and remove duplicate files from android phones?
Limited storage has become the new normal. Gone are the days when your android phones had external memory expansion support. Most companies have crushed the expandable storage support completely. In such limited parameters for storage, having duplicate files on your Android might not be the best thing.
Duplicate files on your phone take up a lot of space which might backfire on you when you require it. The cameras have also been bumped up to match professional photography standards and thus, you need dedicated storage if you are an avid photographer. Needless to say, removing duplicate files from Android is the best way to optimize your smartphone storage.
Well, that seems like an easy solution, right? If you are running out of storage, delete the duplicate files on your phone and you are good to go! Sadly, it is not that easy. You have to be able to find duplicate files on your phone first in order to delete them and it is not that simple!
In this blog, let us take a look at ways you can find and remove duplicate files from your Android devices. Let’s get started!
Ways to Find and Remove Duplicate files from Android Phone
The best part about using an Android device is the customizability and accessibility that you get. You have all the options available to you when it comes to interacting with your device, be it directly on your phone, or via PC.
There are multiple ways you can use this accessibility to find and delete duplicate files from Android. Let’s take a look at the three types of ways you can use and get rid of duplicate files from your Android phone.
Removing Duplicate Files from Android Device Using Duplicate Files Fixer
Duplicate Files Fixer is a dedicated android application that you can download from the play store. The application is easy to use and can give your smartphone storage a huge relief from duplicate files. To give you a perspective, here’s how the application works -
- Install the Duplicate Files Fixer application on your smartphone from Google Play Store.
- Initiate the application and you will find options to scan dedicated types of files. For instance, if you are looking to delete duplicate audio files, you can tap on the option.
- Once you have selected the option, you can go ahead and initiate the scan.
- The tool will go through all the files on your devices and group the duplicate files for you to preview.
- Once the scan is completed, you have the option to choose which file to keep and which one to remove. You can also delete them all at the same time if they are of no use to you.
The process is simple and short. The best part is that the application is light on your device, which means you will not be compromising on storage by adding another application it will be saving you space!
Removing Duplicate Files from Android Phone Via PC
The first thing you can do is connect your phone to the PC and use it as a drive. This gives you enough infrastructure to take a look at the files more vividly, giving you an idea of which one is the original and which is a copy.
There is a dedicated technique you can use to sort your duplicate files on a PC. Here’s how you can do it -
- Firstly, open the disk folder connected to your PC. Keep in mind that your Smartphone should be plugged in as a storage device and not in debugging mode else it might not work.
- In the drive, you can find multiple folders. Don’t worry we are not going to go through each of them as it will take hours.
- On the right-hand top corner of your screen, you can find a search bar that can assist you in finding files in a drive, click on it and type the extension of files you want to examine.
- For instance, if you feel that you might have a lot of copies of a single document file, type docx. In the search bar.
- This will initiate a search for all the files on your Android device with the extension docx.
- Once you have all the files listed, select the duplicate ones and delete them from your phone.
The process is simple and works fine with duplicate files that are saved with a similar name or with the tag copy in the name. However, this is not the most effective way as a lot of files might get missed out in the search.
Pro tip - You can also use a dedicated Duplicate Files Fixer software for PC to find and delete duplicate files from an Android device. Duplicate Files Fixer is the ultimate solution and allows you to connect your Android devices to the tool. It scans the entire storage thoroughly and yields the best results.
Other than these two ways, you always have the manual route where you can go to the file manager and move from folder to folder in order to find duplicate files and delete them. But that’s nothing compared to the accessibility that it has to offer!
Download the tool today and you will surely see the difference! The tool is available for both PC and smartphones so you can use any of the above-mentioned ways to find and remove duplicate files from your Android phones. Good luck!